Global GEP (High Ability) P4-6 GEP English
P4-6 GEP English
“We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it, than we do from learning the answer itself.” – Lloyd Alexander
Our P4-6 High Ability English course caters to students who have entered the GEP program in their respective schools and also those who aim to ace their primary English Language. Due to the nature of the GEP curriculum, students are exposed to many different text types, complex problems, and they will engage in plenty of group work. The questions covered in the GEP syllabus are broad and challenging, hence our teachers will provide students with various forms of comprehension passages, an advanced vocabulary bank, and writing tips and drills, so as to widen the students’ exposure as much as possible. Furthermore, our courses designed to prepare students for the upcoming PSLE English exams.
We aim to cultivate a love for English and reading in every child. From classic novels to non-fiction articles, students are taught to digest and understand different types of texts and answer a variety of questions based on their comprehension. They are introduced to the world of creative writing, honing their self-expression and sowing the seeds for an important lifelong skill. Along with reading and writing, students will pick up extensive vocabulary which can be easily applied to their daily lives, enabling them to read and understand more advanced material. Of course, students will gain large amounts of general knowledge from the content covered in class, as well as from their own reading. Focused on high ability language, the skills taught in class will give students an edge in upper primary English and gear them for the PSLE English examinations. Additionally, the students will have plenty of opportunities to practice working with others and vocalising their ideas in group work settings during our classes. Whether they aim to score in the PSLE, to improve their grasp of English or both, we are confident that our students will walk out of our Primary English and PSLE English classes with a newfound appreciation for the English language and its culture.
Our centre’s course aims to help students through
- Meaningful discussion of themes and motifs in literary contexts
- Promotion of self-expression in essay-writing and speech
- Development of more advanced vocabulary, idioms, and phrases
- Preparation for the PSLE exams
Paper 1 (Composition)
- Generate good stories starters (introduction), in-depth characters, suspense, climax, and impactfull closures
- 5W1H details (who, what, when, where, why, how)
- Cultivate effective use of creative expressions and vocabulary
Both picture and situational writing will be covered.
- Foster good regular reading habits
- Expose students to general knowledge (news articles and real-life examples)
- Boost grasp in grammar and vocabulary
- Train on the understanding and answering skills in close passages and comprehension
Qualification of our primary English tutor:
- Bachelor of Arts (English Language) and Master of Education
- 10 years of teaching experience, specialising in Primary and Secondary English
- In-charge of worksheet preparation