Our K2 English course aims in preparing our preparatory students to the Primary 1 syllabus gradually and all areas of language. In general, schools expect children to enter Primary One with the following proficiency:
- Read (with articulatory and auditory phonetics) and write all 26 alphabets in capital and small letters.
- Know how to read and spell simple words (vocabulary).
- Know how to construct simple English sentences (grammar).
Our K2 English and General Ability Course aims to instil a love for reading, writing and expressing oneself in English, and covers:
- Grammar rules: starts from the basics, with gradual exposure to different word classes, tenses, and expressions
- Vocabulary word bank: introduces basic words and phrases used for describing people, places, and emotions
- Cloze Passage: focuses on helping students look for textual clues and make simple inferences
- Comprehension skills: helps young readers to understand context and meaning in different text types